TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
I was instantly attracted to Elisabeth’s toasted tomato sandwiches and even though I lacked some of the ingredients – it has been so long I treated myself to cheese, that I made them anyway. Starting with some inert tomatoes left from summer – the magnificence of fresh fruit off the wine is now a memory – and I didn’t have fresh rosemary or provolone cheese. So I added dry rosemary to fresh parsley and used mozzarella. Now here I am waiting for my sandwich; it will be ready when the first whiff of deliciousness reaches the office.
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 large sprig of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt ground black pepper to taste
4 large thick slices sourdough bread
4 slices of white cheese
1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Place the minced garlic and chopped rosemary in a small bowl.
• Add the olive oil, salt and the black pepper.
• Mix to combine.
• Spread the mixture on 4 slices of bread.
• Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Put a wire rack inside the pan and place the 4 bread slices on the top. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
• Remove baking sheet from the oven.
• Sprinkle the parmesan on the bread slices and top with the white cheese. [I did the reverse, which made assembly a little awkward.
• Bake until the cheese gets a nice golden hue. It was wonderful!
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- PUMPKIN PIE
- TOASTED PARMESAN TOMATO SANDWICH
- DECONSTRUCTED STUFFED PEPPERS - GOMBÓCOS TÖLTÖTT P...
- RUSSIAN CREAMCHEESE BUNS
- HOMEMADE SHAKE AND BAKE CHICKEN
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE NUT BARS
- BANANA MUFFINS
- CHOCOLATE TART
- MARZIPAN PLUM CAKE
- APPLE CAKE
- CUSTARD APPLE PIE
- BOOZY PLUM CAKE
- PICKLED PEPPERS
- PRESERVING FRUIT COULIS
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)