image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

22.2.14

BACON ROASTED CAULIFLOWER


The texture and flavour are both delicious. The recipe for roasted cauliflower with bacon is so simple I am not even sure there is need for a recipe. I love cauliflower and will eat it happily any way prepared. Just roast it for 20 minutes at 400F and then sprinkle it with parmesan cheese or not. Adapted from Spinach Tiger 

1 head of cauliflower 
1 tsp olive oil 
salt to taste 
2 slices of slab bacon 
shaved parmesan cheese for sprinkling 

• Preheat oven to 400F. 
• Trim the cauliflower and cut in into rosettes. 
• Toss with olive oil and salt. 
• Arrange the cauliflower rosettes in a casserole dish.
• Cut bacon into 2 inch pieces and arrange over the cauliflower. 
• Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. 
• Sprinkle the top with shaved parmesan cheese if desired.


6 comments:

  1. The dish looks so beautiful. It's hard to equate the lovely golden roasted cauliflower florettes in your picture with the bland, boiled gray ones my mom used to serve. Sometimes she dipped sliced pieces in egg and fried them but that was SO heavy. One day, I'm really going to have to buy a cauliflower and cook it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean.

      Delete
  2. So tasty, Zsuzsa... do you use bacon or Kaiser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy a type of smoked slab bacon from a local butcher. He just calls it bacon. :D

      Delete
    2. I have just discovered your blog today. It is fantastic. As a 69 year old Hungarian Grandma born in Montreal, Canada, I certainly appreciate seeing my mama's recipes. Would it be possible to buy your recipe book? frances.plante@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Thank you Frances. It would take a bit of time, but my recipes are free for the taking. Just click on the cookbook section - the recipes are organized into chapters.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.