- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon rind and stir to distribute evenly throughout the flour mixture.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the beaten egg.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake the base in the preheated for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Let it cool.
- Meanwhile wash a hull the strawberries and dice them uniform.
- Place the diced strawberries in a small bowl.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice and give it a stir.
- Next, prepare the crumble topping.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and rub the butter into it.
- Layer the strawberry mixture on top of the cooled base.
- Top with the crumble topping.
- Return to the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden.
FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
She reached for the plain sugar cookie and left the crumb bars. Those ones I made with fresh strawberries, I said, go ahead and try one. She was amazed. I thought it was jam and that it would be too sweet. Oh, these are good! Leilah inherited my palate. We don’t like overly sweet things. Neither of us smoked and our taste buds are still in overdrive. In the end, she left three for her dad and packed up the rest. What a difference fresh fruit makes!
1-2/3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
finely grated rind of half a lemon
1/3 cup butter, soft
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cup diced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1-1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- HOT MILK CAKE
- BATTER FRIED BROCCOLI
- SWEET POTATO SPINACH BAKE
- EGG BREAD
- BRANDY YOGURT CAKE
- COCOA CAKE IN THE PAN
- PORK RATATOUILLE WITH ZUCCHINI - HÚSOS LECSÓ CUKKI...
- OLIVIA CAKE
- ZUCCHINI PATTIES - CUKKINI FASÍRT
- ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
- TEMESVÁRI PORK SIRLOIN - TEMESVÁRI SERTÉSBORDA
- YORKSHIRE PAN PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHICKEN PIE
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
- ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE
- NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- KITCHEN HYGIENE
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)