- Set oven to 350F.
- Line a 13X9 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Butter any surface not lined.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-coloured.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is close to melting.
- Gradually add to batter; slowly beat just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
HOT MILK CAKE
I thought these old-fashioned measuring cups deserved a celebration. And what would be more fitting than baking an old-fashioned cake? This cake is perfectly delicious as is; icing would just overpower the lovely flavour.
Hot Milk Cake
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/4 cups 2% milk [I used 1-1/8 cup 1% milk and 1/8 cup of whipping cream]
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup of butter, cubed
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- HOT MILK CAKE
- BATTER FRIED BROCCOLI
- SWEET POTATO SPINACH BAKE
- EGG BREAD
- BRANDY YOGURT CAKE
- COCOA CAKE IN THE PAN
- PORK RATATOUILLE WITH ZUCCHINI - HÚSOS LECSÓ CUKKI...
- OLIVIA CAKE
- ZUCCHINI PATTIES - CUKKINI FASÍRT
- ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
- TEMESVÁRI PORK SIRLOIN - TEMESVÁRI SERTÉSBORDA
- YORKSHIRE PAN PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHICKEN PIE
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
- ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE
- NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- KITCHEN HYGIENE
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)