HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS
With a minimum of flavouring, roasted almonds provide a great snack on the road. Pass the doughnuts and discreetly bring out a tiny container of roasted almonds when you stop at Starbucks or at Tim Hortons. I am not exactly sure how many calories these are; I would estimate 15 roasted almonds cannot be more than a hundred calories. If you want to loose weight eat every four hours. You mustn’t get hungry or the body will shut down and conserve every blessed thing you put into it. And keep drinking water. Carry the water and make sure if you have to buy a bottle it contains no sodium!
2 cups [250g] whole raw almonds
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
light sprinkling of salt
• Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
• Spread the almonds in a single layer in the pan and place in a cold oven.
• Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
• Turn off the oven.
• In a medium sized bowl combine the honey, water and olive oil.
• Take the almonds out of the oven and pour into the bowl.
• Stir to coat the almonds.
• Pour the whole thing back into the foil lined baking pan and return pan to the still warm oven.
• Let the almonds dry in the oven. Do not turn on the heat.
• After an hour remove pan from the oven and let the almonds cool down.
• Store the glazed almonds in air-tight metal cookie box.• Always keep a small container of roasted almonds in your purse.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)