HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS
With a minimum of flavouring, roasted almonds provide a great snack on the road. Pass the doughnuts and discreetly bring out a tiny container of roasted almonds when you stop at Starbucks or at Tim Hortons. I am not exactly sure how many calories these are; I would estimate 15 roasted almonds cannot be more than a hundred calories. If you want to loose weight eat every four hours. You mustn’t get hungry or the body will shut down and conserve every blessed thing you put into it. And keep drinking water. Carry the water and make sure if you have to buy a bottle it contains no sodium!
2 cups [250g] whole raw almonds
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp olive oil
light sprinkling of salt
• Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil.
• Spread the almonds in a single layer in the pan and place in a cold oven.
• Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.
• Turn off the oven.
• In a medium sized bowl combine the honey, water and olive oil.
• Take the almonds out of the oven and pour into the bowl.
• Stir to coat the almonds.
• Pour the whole thing back into the foil lined baking pan and return pan to the still warm oven.
• Let the almonds dry in the oven. Do not turn on the heat.
• After an hour remove pan from the oven and let the almonds cool down.
• Store the glazed almonds in air-tight metal cookie box.• Always keep a small container of roasted almonds in your purse.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ▼ April (7)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)