APRICOT SPINACH SALAD
Apricots, apricots, they leave by the buckets, everyone is welcome and yet the tree is just as loaded as before. Desperate times call for desperate measures and a new salad is born.
2 handful of fresh spinach
1 cup fresh apricots
1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 diced garlic
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
• Use tender young spinach and ripe but firm apricots. I left the stems on, but you may remove them if you like.
• Wash the spinach and the apricots and set them aside to drain.
• In a large skillet heat 1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil on medium low heat.
• Add the minced garlic and heat until garlic starts to get a little color.
• Add the balsamic vinegar, bring to the boil and remove from heat.
• Add the spinach and the apricots to the skillet.
• Return to heat and toss for 1 minute or until spinach begins to wilt. [Do not cook longer]
• Transfer mixture to a serving dish.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Serve immediately.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!