Just another pizza or is this something else? Like bread, pizza can come in many forms, a fact that has not been lost on the food industry. Certainly the explosion of flat artisan breads attests to that. If you have a good pizza dough recipe – you can make pizza, more pizza, bread, flatbread or focaccia. You know those flat breads with a couple of yummies on the top that the stores sell for exorbitant prices? Those. Roll out the pizza dough a bit thicker and put on a few vegetable slices, a bit of cheese and there it is: focaccia. Or just spread it with extra virgin olive oil and throw some salt on the top. It is that simple. My pizza recipe makes two large pizzas; four focaccias; eight servings of flatbread or bakes up as two round loaves of white bread.
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
• Place flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Cover dough and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down.
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• On floured board roll out 4 ovals.
• Place on two parchment lined baking sheets.
• Arrange the desired toppings on top, remember, this is not a pizza.
• Bake at 400F to a nice golden brown hue.
• Hot or cold, cut into strips and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- PEACHY CHEESE TART – SAJTOS BARACKOS LEVELES TÉSZT...
- EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
- FOOD DEHYDRATOR
- PIZZA BREAD
- MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
- APRICOT MERINGUE PIE
- WAX BEAN TARTLETS - ZÖLDBABOS TARTE
- APRICOT FETA SALAD
- SASHA GORA SALAD DRESSING
- APRICOT SPINACH SALAD
- MARZIPAN APRICOT CAKE BARS - MARCIPÁNOS BARACKPITE...
- APRICOT PASTRY TART
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (178)
- ► 2010 (198)