Just another pizza or is this something else? Like bread, pizza can come in many forms, a fact that has not been lost on the food industry. Certainly the explosion of flat artisan breads attests to that. If you have a good pizza dough recipe – you can make pizza, more pizza, bread, flatbread or focaccia. You know those flat breads with a couple of yummies on the top that the stores sell for exorbitant prices? Those. Roll out the pizza dough a bit thicker and put on a few vegetable slices, a bit of cheese and there it is: focaccia. Or just spread it with extra virgin olive oil and throw some salt on the top. It is that simple. My pizza recipe makes two large pizzas; four focaccias; eight servings of flatbread or bakes up as two round loaves of white bread.
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
• Place flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Cover dough and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down.
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• On floured board roll out 4 ovals.
• Place on two parchment lined baking sheets.
• Arrange the desired toppings on top, remember, this is not a pizza.
• Bake at 400F to a nice golden brown hue.
• Hot or cold, cut into strips and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- PEACHY CHEESE TART – SAJTOS BARACKOS LEVELES TÉSZT...
- EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
- FOOD DEHYDRATOR
- PIZZA BREAD
- MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
- APRICOT MERINGUE PIE
- WAX BEAN TARTLETS - ZÖLDBABOS TARTE
- APRICOT FETA SALAD
- SASHA GORA SALAD DRESSING
- APRICOT SPINACH SALAD
- MARZIPAN APRICOT CAKE BARS - MARCIPÁNOS BARACKPITE...
- APRICOT PASTRY TART
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)