MARZIPAN APRICOT CAKE BARS - MARCIPÁNOS BARACKPITE
Not your average pite, the marzipan gives this cake bar a wonderful, unique flavour. Marzipan is not always available, but very easy to make; all you need is almond meal, sugar and water. You will find almond meal in the baking isle, or in the bulk food section of grocery stores. If your store does not carry almond meal, look for it in health food stores where they carry food stuffs for people on special diets and food allergies.
3 Tbsp marzipan [click on link for recipe]
scant 1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
sweetened whipped cream
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Line a 9X12 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• Wash and drain the apricots.
• Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to full rolling boil.
• Place the apricots into a large bowl and pour the boiling water on top.
• Keep the apricots submerged in the scalding hot water for 4 minutes, no longer.
• Meanwhile place another large bowl with ice water nearby.
• With a slotted spoon quickly plunge the apricots into the ice cold water.
• The skins will come off easily.
• Drain the peeled apricots, cut them in half, remove the stems and the stones and discard them.
• Set the apricot halves aside and prepare the batter next.
• Beat the soft butter and the sugar for 4 minutes.
• One by one add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
• Crumble the marzipan into the batter and beat to combine.
• In a medium sized bowl whisk the flour and the baking powder.
• Gradually add the flour mixture to the batter, beating just to combine. Do not overbeat.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
• Arrange the apricot halves on the top and gently push them into the batter.
• Bake in the preheated oven. • Let the bar cool down and then cut into 12 squares.
• Serve the bars with sweetened whipped cream.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- PEACHY CHEESE TART – SAJTOS BARACKOS LEVELES TÉSZT...
- EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
- FOOD DEHYDRATOR
- PIZZA BREAD
- MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
- APRICOT MERINGUE PIE
- WAX BEAN TARTLETS - ZÖLDBABOS TARTE
- APRICOT FETA SALAD
- SASHA GORA SALAD DRESSING
- APRICOT SPINACH SALAD
- MARZIPAN APRICOT CAKE BARS - MARCIPÁNOS BARACKPITE...
- APRICOT PASTRY TART
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)