This bread is ready very fast and with minimal fuss. I call it pizza bread, because I use my standard pizza dough and bake it into two round loaves. This is the bread of choice when I have a short notice of company. If I start it at 2PM, by 6PM the fresh loaves are sliced and on the table.
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water desired toppings
• Place flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
• Transfer the dough to a stand beater and with dough hook attachment beat at medium high speed for 4 minutes. Or place the dough on a floured board and kneed until very elastic.
• Place the dough, it will be a bit sticky, in a lightly oiled bowl and turn over.
• Let the dough rise until doubled.
• Punch the dough down.
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Sprinkle a little flour on the top and cut two slits into the dough.
• Let the breads double and then place them in the preheated oven and bake until nice golden brown.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- PEACHY CHEESE TART – SAJTOS BARACKOS LEVELES TÉSZT...
- EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
- FOOD DEHYDRATOR
- PIZZA BREAD
- MOLTEN LAVA CAKES
- APRICOT MERINGUE PIE
- WAX BEAN TARTLETS - ZÖLDBABOS TARTE
- APRICOT FETA SALAD
- SASHA GORA SALAD DRESSING
- APRICOT SPINACH SALAD
- MARZIPAN APRICOT CAKE BARS - MARCIPÁNOS BARACKPITE...
- APRICOT PASTRY TART
- ▼ August (14)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)