image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

11.8.13

PIZZA BREAD


This bread is ready very fast and with minimal fuss. I call it pizza bread, because I use my standard pizza dough and bake it into two round loaves. This is the bread of choice when I have a short notice of company. If I start it at 2PM, by 6PM the fresh loaves are sliced and on the table.
 
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water desired toppings
 
• Place flour sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
• Transfer the dough to a stand beater and with dough hook attachment beat at medium high speed for 4 minutes. Or place the dough on a floured board and kneed until very elastic.
• Place the dough, it will be a bit sticky, in a lightly oiled bowl and turn over.
• Let the dough rise until doubled.
• Punch the dough down.
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Place the balls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
• Sprinkle a little flour on the top and cut two slits into the dough.
• Let the breads double and then place them in the preheated oven and bake until nice golden brown.

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Zsuzsa! I found you via your moving comment on Bizzy Lizzy's lovely blog. I love your pizza bread, because I am not much of a cook, and I like things nice and quick and easy! Bye for now, Jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Jane! I hope to see you again.

      Delete
  2. Zsuzsa, funny thing but we buy our 'pizza' dough sometimes; which is actually a bread dough, already proofed and ready to punch down and prepare the pizza with it, or make a loaf of bread.
    We get this fresh dough at our local supermarket, and one ball of dough, which is 1 lb. costs about $2.50 which they have fresh, every day!

    Your bread looks totally amazing, and I just love your recipe which could be used for pizza, as well...doubles as bread. I am copying, & pasting this great recipe to print out. Just love it, and thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you Elisabeth? Things have been very hectic here of late. I hope we can catch up sometime soon.

      Delete
  3. Delicious looking bread with a nice open crumb. My pizza dough recipe is similar and doubles as focaccia dough. Always fun to make a batch.

    http://a-boleyn.livejournal.com/91949.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zsuzsa,
    I just started following your wonderful recipes and they remind me of my childhood.

    Sandy von Paternos (Kovacs)

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive