I always wanted to make spritz cookies for Christmas. I had cookie press on my wish list for years. Some years I forgot about it. About two years ago finally I bought one, I spent a lot of money on it, but it turned out to be the most useless gadget ever invented by man. Long I waited for it… but disposal was swift. Then I tried making spritz cookies with a pastry bag, but I thought my hand will fall off.
Today I found this recipe on Food.com; and I thought I will give spritz cookies one more try. The search is over; I found the ideal spritz cookie recipe for using a pastry bag. Even I can handle it [my hands were never strong and they are worse now]. Making the spritzes was easy-peasy as a squeeze. With 224 day before Christmas, I am starting early.
1 large egg yolk
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt at medium high speed until light, fluffy and pale in color.
• Reduce speed and add the egg yolk cream and vanilla.
• Beat until thoroughly combined.
• Gradually add flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix or the cookies will be tough.
• Fill a large pastry bag with half of the dough and twist the top to close.
• Pipe cookies on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
• Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
• Cool on baking racks and store in an airtight container
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- BROWNIE PUDDING
- BROCCOLI STALK SALAD
- YELLOW SPLIT PEAS SOUP
- ROAST SPICED POTATO AND PARSNIP
- BACON RATATOUILLE – SZALONNÁS LECSÓ
- CARAMELIZED BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- SPRITZ COOKIES
- DUCK GIBLET SOUP - KACSA APRÓLÉK LEVES
- LIVER SOUP DUMPLINGS
- STIR FRIED NAPA CABBAGE
- WASHING POULTRY
- CRISPY ROAST DUCK - SÜLT KACSA
- SALTING MEAT
- CINNAMON CAKE BROWNIE
- ▼ May (14)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)