- Peel and chop the carrots and cook them in water to al denté.
- Meanwhile wash and drain the grapes and drain the carrots.
- Melt the butter on medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the crispy tender carrots and grapes.
- Pour in the orange liquor and slowly sauté, stirring often for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
CARROTS GRAPES SUPREME
From the “Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking” [the big red book] comes this gourmet delight. Called for white grapes, I thought red grapes would compliment the carrots better and rather than the Cointreau brand, I used the homemade orange flavored liquor my darling makes from vodka. This dish is up there with the most decadent side dishes on the festive table. Never made it to a serving dish, ha, the two of us polished it off for lunch yesterday.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)