image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

15.11.15

CARROTS GRAPES SUPREME


From the “Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking” [the big red book] comes this gourmet delight. Called for white grapes, I thought red grapes would compliment the carrots better and rather than the Cointreau brand, I used the homemade orange flavored liquor my darling makes from vodka. This dish is up there with the most decadent side dishes on the festive table. Never made it to a serving dish, ha, the two of us polished it off for lunch yesterday.

4 cups chopped carrots
2 cups large red grapes
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup orange liquor

  • Peel and chop the carrots and cook them in water to al denté.
  • Meanwhile wash and drain the grapes and drain the carrots.
  • Melt the butter on medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
  • Add the crispy tender carrots and grapes.
  • Pour in the orange liquor and slowly sauté, stirring often for 8-10 minutes.
  • Serve immediately.


5 comments:

  1. A lovely recipe, Zsuzsa, perfect for the festive season in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have carrots, grapes and Napoleon Mandarin liqueur just waiting for such a luscious recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a large bunch of grapes sitting on my counter and mixing them with carrots sound terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it today with chicken liver. It was awesome!
    http://katinspajz.blogspot.rs/2015/11/pileca-dzigerica-sa-sargarepom-i-grozem.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the nice comments. This dish really surprised me. I wanted to use up some grapes - we bought a huge batch for company that never came and we had all these luscious grapes and I thought I better do something with them while they are fresh. So I looked for a grape recipe and voila.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive