image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

23.2.16

OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES


This is the second great recipe I adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics by Ina Garten. And yes, I did buy the book. 


Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled 
2 Tbsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp salt

1 Tbsp light brown sugar 
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 


  • Preheat the oven to 450F.
  • Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  • Peel and halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears.
  • Place them on the prepared pan and toss with olive oil.
  • Spread the potatoes in one layer.
  • Scatter the salt, brown sugar, and pepper over the potatoes.
  • Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula.
  • Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
  • Serve hot. 


Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.