- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears.
- Place them on the prepared pan and toss with olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes in one layer.
- Scatter the salt, brown sugar, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula.
- Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES
This is the second great recipe I adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics by Ina Garten. And yes, I did buy the book.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ▼ February (8)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)