- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into 3 long spears.
- Place them on the prepared pan and toss with olive oil.
- Spread the potatoes in one layer.
- Scatter the salt, brown sugar, and pepper over the potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn with a spatula.
- Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
OVEN ROASTED SWEET POTATO FRIES
This is the second great recipe I adapted from Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics by Ina Garten. And yes, I did buy the book.
Oven Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!