THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
I have the purist version of chocolate ganache, but after making Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito’s chocolate glaze from Baked Explorations I am wavering between the two. I think this one resembles an actual chocolate bar more and appears chocolatier then a ganache made with heavy cream. This was certainly the best glaze for the chocolate cake I made from Baked Explorations. Always use pure baking chocolate, anything chocolaty you make depends on the quality of the chocolate used.
8 squares of good quality semi sweet chocolate [I used 225 g or 8 oz Baker’s]
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
• Place the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler.
• Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the chocolate is half melted.
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir the glaze until the components are completely melted and smooth.
• Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
• Refrigerate the cake for about 15 minutes to set the glaze before serving.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!