I have the purist version of chocolate ganache, but after making Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito’s chocolate glaze from Baked Explorations I am wavering between the two. I think this one resembles an actual chocolate bar more and appears chocolatier then a ganache made with heavy cream. This was certainly the best glaze for the chocolate cake I made from Baked Explorations. Always use pure baking chocolate, anything chocolaty you make depends on the quality of the chocolate used.
8 squares of good quality semi sweet chocolate [I used 225 g or 8 oz Baker’s]
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 Tbsp light corn syrup
• Place the chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler.
• Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until the chocolate is half melted.
• Remove the pan from the heat and stir the glaze until the components are completely melted and smooth.
• Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
• Refrigerate the cake for about 15 minutes to set the glaze before serving.