1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 tsp instant yeast
- Line a large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- With the exception of the flour, place the ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment, combine.
- Begin adding the flour, 1/2 cup at the time, fully incorporating all the flour into the mixture before adding more flour. After a few additions of flour change for the dough hook.
- After all the flour is incorporated, knead the dough elastic, for about 10 minutes. Don’t be tempted to add more liquid.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly oiled bowl, turn over.
- This is a moderately stiff dough and to avoid the top crusting, fully cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough double.
- Punch down and divide into 16 parts.
- Shape the pieces into balls and place in the prepared baking pan.
- Let the balls double in size and bake in a preheated 375F oven for 20 minutes or until light brown.