1/4 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup fine breadcrumbs
oil for deep frying
• Place the flour, the egg, and the breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates.
• Beat the egg with a fork until slightly frothy.
• One by one dip the ham slices into the flour, coating well.
• Next dip them into the beaten eggs, coating well.
• Finally place them in the breadcrumbs, coating well.
• In a large heavy skillet, place enough oil for frying.
• Heat the oil to medium hot.
• To minimize oil absorption, flip cutlets only once.
• Drain cutlets on wire rack.
• Leftover cutlets maybe heated in the oven at 320F or in a lightly oiled, barely heated non stick fry pan, turning over once. Don’t reheat in the microwave, the breading will get soggy. Enjoy it cold.