21.5.22

FILLET OF PORK - NATÚR SZELET

 

This is my lazy day breaded pork chop. The natúr szelet is also one of the components of the iconic Erdélyi Fatányéros. I keep telling myself to gather a few people and make a traditional Fatányéros. I had it a few times in restaurants, but it always looked like a lot of work. Picture it! Three variously prepared fried meats arranged in a circle on a large wooden tray with an omelet and and a slice of bacon pinned through with a pocket knife, and the various sides, the salads and pickles spilling all around the meats. Google fails to impress with visual clues... they don't make the Fatányéros like they used to. So until I do it up right, you just have to take my word for it. In the meantime here is one from Fatányéros.

FILLET OF PORK 
4 lean boneless pork steaks 
1 cup flour 
oil to fry 
salt to taste pepper to taste 

• Trim off all the fat and lay a couple of steaks on a cutting board. 
• Cover with plastic wrap. 
• Pound out very thin with a meat tenderizer. 
• Season both sides with salt to taste. 
• Add the flour to a square baking pan. Since the fillets are large, the handiest for this purpose is a square baking pan. 
• One by one dip the pork fillets into the flour, fully covering on both sides. 
• Transfer fillets to a dry tray. 
• Place the largest skillet on medium heat. I use a heavy stainless steel skillet, but you can use a wide bottomed heavy pot too, something suitable for deep frying. 
• Add about an inch of oil to the pan and heat it up. 
• Gently slide the fillets into the hot oil and fry them to a nice golden colour. 
• Sprinkle with ground pepper to taste.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!