MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

1.6.10

BREADSTICKS


This is my pizza crust recipe. I also use it to make crazy bread or breadsticks. This is an instant yeast recipe. If you use traditional yeast remember to proof your yeast before adding it to the dough.

2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
cooking spray

• Place 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix until well combined.
• Stir in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Let dough rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down.
• Divide the dough into eight parts and start rolling the breadsticks.
• Each part will make 4 or more breadsticks.
• Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
• Lay the breadsticks on the sheets leaving room for the rising.
• Spray the tops with cooking spray.
• Yields 32 breadsticks
 

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!

Blog Archive