2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp Splenda
6 Tbsp cake flour
sheet pan with rim
• Set the oven to 350F.
• Line the bottom of a rectangular cake pan.
• Separate the yolks and the whites into two bowls.
• Set the whites aside.
• Add the water, sugar and Splenda to the yolks.
• Beat until mixture is very thick.
• Beat in the cake flour and set aside.
• Clean the beaters thoroughly.
• Beat the egg whites until very stiff.
• Gently fold some of the beaten whites into the flour mixture.
• Gradually fold in the rest of the whites.
• Pour batter into the prepared pan.
• Place in the oven and bake until the middle springs back.
• Remove from the oven and let cake rest for 10 minutes.
• Gently run a knife around the corners of the pan to loosen cake.
• Lift out by the parchment paper and place on a cookie rack to cool.
• Place a clean towel on the top and invert cake.
• Carefully remove the parchment paper.
• Place a cookie rack on the top and invert.
• Cake is now on the rack with the right side up.
• When the cake is cool gently slide onto a clean breadboard.
• Spread the cake with calorie reduced chocolate icing.
• With a very sharp knife cut the cake into 16 bars, wiping the blade after each cut.
Makes 16 cake bars, plain: less then 40 calories each, with icing 66.25 calories each.