image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

28.5.12

COCONUT COOKIES


This is not my usual recipe format, the ingredients are scattered throughout the recipe, but I think it is easier to follow this as a story. I show the ingredients in a different color.

I like crispy or soft cookies, but I don’t like them hard, so I used cake and pastry flour instead of all-purpose. Afterwards I wondered if I should have added a leavening agent. They may have looked more spectacular; they would have certainly cracked on the top more. I may try that the next time. Finally, I decided to use some coconut, my cookies sadly lack this ingredient. Olivia does not like coconut. Not to worry, these will not go to waste.

3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of salt
1-1/2 cups finely grated unsweetened coconut

• Preheat oven to 175F.
• Line two sheets of cookie sheets with parchment.
• Combine the ingredients. This makes exactly 2-1/2 cups.
• Transfer 1-1/4 cups of this mixture to a different bowl and set it aside for use later.
• Add 1-1/4 cups of cake flour to the remaining mixture.
• Mix to combine.
• Form into 16 balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. This cookie does not expand much, but do not place them too close either.
• Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18 minutes.
• Take the reserved mixture and add
1 cup + 2 Tbsp cake flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp sugar [optional]
• Form into 16 balls and bake for 18 minutes.
• Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive