3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 pinch of salt
1-1/2 cups finely grated unsweetened coconut
• Preheat oven to 175F.
• Line two sheets of cookie sheets with parchment.
• Combine the ingredients. This makes exactly 2-1/2 cups.
• Transfer 1-1/4 cups of this mixture to a different bowl and set it aside for use later.
• Add 1-1/4 cups of cake flour to the remaining mixture.
• Mix to combine.
• Form into 16 balls and place on the prepared cookie sheet. This cookie does not expand much, but do not place them too close either.
• Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18 minutes.
• Take the reserved mixture and add
• 1 cup + 2 Tbsp cake flour
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
• 2 Tbsp sugar [optional]
• Form into 16 balls and bake for 18 minutes.
• Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets.