variety of cooked soup vegetables
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp mustard
1 Tbsp flour
vegetable soup as needed
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp sugar
salt and pepper to taste
• Place the vegetables in the food processor.
• Add the sour cream, mustard and the flour.
• If needed, add some soup stock.
• Puree just until no big chunks remain.
• If you use a blender, add some soup stock and make sure the vegetables are not completely pureed. It is more authentic and tastes better if small uniform chunks remain in the sauce.
• Transfer the pureed vegetables into a medium Dutch pot.
• Pour the oil into a non-stick fry pan, sprinkle with the sugar and mixing continuously with a wooden spoon until the sugar is slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and with the wooden spoon carefully scoop the oil and sugar mixture into the Dutch pot.
• Add more soup stock if needed.
• Add salt and pepper to taste and heat through.
• Slice the meat and pour some of the sauce on top.
• Serve with Hungarian bread dumplings or with kitchen towel dumplings.