COCONUT COOKIE ROLL - KÓKUSZOS KEKSZTEKERCS
4 cups plain cookie crumbs [such as Nilla]
1/4 cup soft unsalted butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup light [10%] cream
1 egg, lightly whisked to combine
1/2 cup soft unsalted butter
1/4 cup soft salted butter
1-1/2 cups icing sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup medium coconuts
• Grind the cookies in the food processor. Make sure there are no chunks left in the cookie crumbs.
Making the cookie dough is done by hand. If you are concerned about depositing hand cells into your food, put on a pair of plastic gloves. [The same ones delis use for food preparation. Not the heavy rubber gloves you use scrubbing pots.]
• Add the butter and rub it into the cookie crumbs.
• Add the cocoa and combine with the cookie crumbs.
• Add the light cream and the egg.
• Disperse the cream and the egg throughout and kneed the dough until it comes together.
• Lay a 15X12 inch parchment paper on the table.
• Roll the dough out evenly until it slightly extends beyond the paper edge.
• When the dough sticks to the rolling pin, sprinkle it with icing sugar.
• Trim the edges with a sharp knife and discard what is not needed.
• Next, beat the butters with the icing sugar and the vanilla for 4-5 minutes until frothy.
• Add the coconut and beat to combine.
• With a large cake cream spreader spread the cream all over the cookie dough.
• From one of the long ends start to roll up the dough fairly tightly, being mindful not to roll up the parchment along with the dough. It’s a bit tricky and the dough will crack here and there but persevere. Once you rolled it a few times, you can use the parchment to roll it, just make it sure it remains a tight roll.
• Wrap it up in the same parchment and let the roll chill for a few hours before slicing.
• Slice it chilled, but serve it at room temperature.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- COCONUT LOAF CAKE
- BACON ORZO
- LAMINGTONS - KÓKUSZKOCKA
- SEMOLINA – GRÍZ
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- SMOKED PORK PICNIC SHOULDER BAKED
- TEN LAYER CAKE
- BOSTON CREAM PIE
- CORN PUDDING
- APPLE STRUDEL - ALMÁSRÉTES
- RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK CAKE
- CREAMY PARSNIP
- SAUTÉED GREEN BEENS WITH ALMONDS
- MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON
- GOLDEN DUMPLING – ARANYGALUSKA
- VANILLA CRESCENT - VANÍLIÁS KIFLI
- SUPERFAST BAKED POTATOES
- VEGETABLE CARBONARA
- MARIA’S CHILI CON CARNE
- WILTED SPINACH WITH GARLIC
- BEAN SALSA
- COCONUT COOKIE ROLL - KÓKUSZOS KEKSZTEKERCS
- POPPY SEED BREAD - MÁKOS GUBA
- MONT BLANC LAYER CAKE
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)