image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

20.3.14

RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK CAKE


And down the Rabbit-Hole she went: 

It wasn’t anything spectacular, it was quite ordinary really. It was just a bit of Eat Me cake.


“Her eye fell on a little glass box that was lying under the table: she opened it, and found in it a very small cake, on which the words “Eat Me” were beautifully marked in currants. “Well, I’ll eat it,” said Alice, “and if it makes me grow larger, I can reach the key; and if it makes me grow smaller, I can creep under the door: so either way I’ll get into the garden, and I don’t care which happens!” 

So she set to work, and very soon finished off the cake.”*

She finished it in less then a day! Nothing was left by next day, except some crumbs. The “Eat-Me” cake was actually a very simple piece of thing to complete. Just as it was on Tasty Kitchen and with nothing changed.

1/2 cups soft butter 
 1 cup sugar 
2 eggs 
1/2 cups buttermilk 
1-1/3 cup cake flour 
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1/2 teaspoons salt 
1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen 
powdered sugar for dusting 

• Preheat the oven to 350F. 
• Prepare a 9” round cake pan with a round of parchment paper in the bottom and some cooking spray. 
• In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 
• Add the eggs one at a time, and combine well. 
• Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. 
• In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. 
• Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until it is a smooth batter. 
• Gently fold in the fresh raspberries.
• Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan and bake the cake for 30 minutes at 350F, or until just done. 
• Let cool before turning out onto a platter and dusting with powdered sugar. 
• Slice and serve warm or at room temperature. 

 *Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

8 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds nice and simple and raspberries are one of my favourite berries. Maybe a little scoop of vanilla ice cream would be a nice addition. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to whip up some cream, but after tasting it I decided it didn't need anything. But you go ahead Maria and have some ice cream. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this recipe…simple and luscious looking, and filled with beautiful raspberries! A lovely cake for Alice and a lovely cake to welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that Kathy. I just wanted a quick, no fuss dessert. But you are right. It is spring. Have a happy one!

      Delete
  3. Zsuzsa, I love this simple, yet so delicious Raspberry coffee cake. It truly spells Spring!
    Happy Spring, my dear friend! xo

    BTW-I browsed thru all the previous posts that I missed, and left comment on all! (I must be living under a ROCK...lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth thank you. No way Florida is not under a rock. :-)

      Delete
    2. No dear Zsuzsa, Florida is not under a Rock...I'm leaving under a Rock in Florida! (just an American saying for not getting out much, stuck under a rock)

      Delete
    3. Even if you don't get out that much what a view you have of that beautiful ocean all around you. It looks like paradise.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive