You can cook this up in a real hurry. It is delicious and is full of good things. It’s a fusion of Italian vegetable carbonara and Hungarian tojásos nokedli. This is one of those rare dishes I enjoy with commercial whole wheat pasta. Grate some Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on the top. Never use grated cheese products; they are full of additives and fillers and never taste as good as real cheese.
Finally there is that bright light we missed so much. This was the longest and gloomiest winter I can remember. The forecast says it will go up to +12 [Celsius] by the afternoon. Looks like spring is finally here.
whole wheat pasta for two
1-1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups chopped fresh vegetables
fresh basil, chopped
1 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
greated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for topping
• Cook pasta as directed.
• Meanwhile chop the vegetables into uniform thickness, rinse and drain.
• In a large non stick skillet, sauté the vegetables in olive oil on medium heat for a couple of minutes.
• Remove from heat, cover and set them aside.
• Drain the cooked pasta in a large colander.
• Transfer the drained pasta back into the pot it was cooked in.
• Add the vegetables and the chopped basil and toss gently. • Adjust the salt.
• In a small bowl whisk the egg until well combined.
• Put the pot back on low heat and then gently stir in the whisked egg.
• Heat the dish through.
• Finally season the pasta with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle it with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and serve.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- COCONUT LOAF CAKE
- BACON ORZO
- LAMINGTONS - KÓKUSZKOCKA
- SEMOLINA – GRÍZ
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- SMOKED PORK PICNIC SHOULDER BAKED
- TEN LAYER CAKE
- BOSTON CREAM PIE
- CORN PUDDING
- APPLE STRUDEL - ALMÁSRÉTES
- RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK CAKE
- CREAMY PARSNIP
- SAUTÉED GREEN BEENS WITH ALMONDS
- MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON
- GOLDEN DUMPLING – ARANYGALUSKA
- VANILLA CRESCENT - VANÍLIÁS KIFLI
- SUPERFAST BAKED POTATOES
- VEGETABLE CARBONARA
- MARIA’S CHILI CON CARNE
- WILTED SPINACH WITH GARLIC
- BEAN SALSA
- COCONUT COOKIE ROLL - KÓKUSZOS KEKSZTEKERCS
- POPPY SEED BREAD - MÁKOS GUBA
- MONT BLANC LAYER CAKE
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)