WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Zsuzsa likes them too
“Did you make something today?” is the hello I get when Liv climbs into the car after school. What she means is did I bake some cookies? “Is there something to bite on?” asks the man. What he means are there any cookies left? These people are always looking for cookies. Milk and cookies, cookies for snacks, the freezer always has a couple of tin cans with various cookies unless I get wrapped up in some other project and fall behind with the supply. Of course nothing beats the happiness when those cookies are hot out of the oven and the house fills with the promise of sweetness. Around here cookies are it! I can make the loveliest cake or the most elaborate dessert, but their mainstay remains the cookie.
These are soft and crispy and the white chocolate chunks just melt in your mouth. The dough is my basic cookie dough I developed years ago for my chocolate chippers. It’s so versatile, you put in something else and it becomes a different cookie. The secret is to scoop up a chunk of dough and just plop it down on the parchment. Do not press the dough together, keep it loose. Don’t flatten it or shape it, the cookies will rearrange themselves into perfectness as they bake. Here, have a cookie!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda [no more]
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups good quality white chocolate chunks
• In a large bowl beat the butter, sugars, vanilla and egg light and fluffy.
• In a separate bowl sift together the flour, soda and salt.
• Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and combine.
• Stir in the white chocolate chunks.
• Drop 2 inches apart with a heaping tablespoon, on parchment lined baking sheets.
• Bake at 350F for 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
• Allow cookies to solidify before moving them to a wire rack.
• Makes 20
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- COCONUT LOAF CAKE
- BACON ORZO
- LAMINGTONS - KÓKUSZKOCKA
- SEMOLINA – GRÍZ
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- SMOKED PORK PICNIC SHOULDER BAKED
- TEN LAYER CAKE
- BOSTON CREAM PIE
- CORN PUDDING
- APPLE STRUDEL - ALMÁSRÉTES
- RASPBERRY BUTTERMILK CAKE
- CREAMY PARSNIP
- SAUTÉED GREEN BEENS WITH ALMONDS
- MAPLE MUSTARD SALMON
- GOLDEN DUMPLING – ARANYGALUSKA
- VANILLA CRESCENT - VANÍLIÁS KIFLI
- SUPERFAST BAKED POTATOES
- VEGETABLE CARBONARA
- MARIA’S CHILI CON CARNE
- WILTED SPINACH WITH GARLIC
- BEAN SALSA
- COCONUT COOKIE ROLL - KÓKUSZOS KEKSZTEKERCS
- POPPY SEED BREAD - MÁKOS GUBA
- MONT BLANC LAYER CAKE
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2013 (108)
- ► 2012 (293)
- ► 2011 (180)
- ► 2010 (207)