2-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup + 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
• Preheat the oven to 350F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
• To make your life easier put a bit of butter in the corners of the cookie sheets, it will act as glue and the parchment paper will not slip slide around. These cookies are not substantial enough to stay put otherwise.
• Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
• Beat the butter and sugar for 4 minutes.
• Add the vanilla extract.
• Add the flour and stir it into the butter mixture with a wooden spoon.
• With your hands gather the dough together until soft dough forms.
• Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into little balls by rolling them between the palms.
• Press a deep indentation into the center of each cookie with something. I used the tip of a large wooden spoon.
• Bake in preheated 350F oven for 12 minutes.
• Remove cookie sheet and quickly reinforce the indentation in the middle of each cookie.
• Return to the oven and bake 6-8 minutes longer.
• Remove from oven and spoon 1/4 tsp of Nutella into the center of each cookie.
Another variation would be to melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to fill the centers with.