image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

6.8.10

APRICOT CLAFOUTI


I shall not make fruit cobbler again. This one beats any fruit cobbler. The original French recipe is called “cherry clafoutis”. I used apricots; fleshy fruit is picturesque on the plate. Depending on what fruit you have, use liquor that will compliment it. Here I used home made hazelnut liquor. Grand Marnier would also go well with peaches, apricots or with pears. It’s surprising what a punch 3 Tbsp of liquor can give to this dessert.

3 cups apricots
2 Tbsp Fruit Fresh
3 Tbsp liqueur (e.g. Grand Marnier)
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp vanilla
6 Tbsp whipping cream
cooking spray

• Wash the apricots, cut in half and remove the stones.
• Slice and place apricots in a bowl.
• Sprinkle with Fruit Fresh and mix it into the fruit gently.
• Pour the liqueur on the top and let it steep for 30 minutes.
• Beat the egg yolks, salt, sugar and the vanilla until thick.
• Fold in the flour and the whipping cream.
• In a separate bowl beat the eggs until stiff peaks are formed.
• Gently fold in the beaten egg whites into the yolk mixture.
• Prepare a square baking pan with cooking spray.
• Pour in the batter.
• Spread the fruit slices on the top.
• Reserve the remaining liqueur for use later.*
• Bake in 350F oven until golden on the top.
• It will cut nicely; can be served immediately.
• Sprinkle remaining liqueur on the top and serve with whipped cream.

* Don’t add the liqueur that remains in the bowl to the batter.

  

2 comments:

  1. Yum! These apricot recipes look delicious! :) I love crumble, and never thought to use apricots! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a dozen or so left in the fridge - we had a good crop this year!

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive