FRESH FRUIT CRUMB PIE
1 cup almonds
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
4 cups fresh fruit
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Fruit Fresh
1-1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• To prepare crumb crust/topping, spread nuts in a medium baking pan.
• Roast the nuts, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 10 minutes.
• Wash if you are using berries and wash, de-stone, chop and slice the larger fruit.
• In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, Fruit Fresh and the cornstarch.
• Gently fold in the prepared fruit.
• Remove nuts from the oven.
• If you are using almonds turn out onto a cloth towel.
• Rub off and discard the papery skins.
• Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
• In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, finely ground the nuts.
• In a large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour and sugar.
• Cut the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
• Using fingers evenly press half of the crumb/crust topping mixture into the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9" tart pan.
• Spoon the fruit mixture into the crust, spreading evenly.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!