2/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
• Combine ingredients and knead smooth.
• Divide the dough into two balls and let them firm up for a half an hour.
• Grate both balls on the coarse side of a grater.
• Spread the dough bits out in a single layer on large baking sheets.
• Let them dry thoroughly in a barely warm oven.
• Take your time, avoid burning it.
• Add 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a slow simmer.
• Stir occasionally and check for tenderness.
• Add more water as many times as needed, 1/4 cup at the time, to maintain moisture.
• The tarhonya is ready when all the liquid is absorbed and the bits are soft, but slightly firm in texture.
• Let it set with a lid on for 10 minutes before serving.