FRESH FRUIT CRUMB PIE
1 cup almonds
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
4 cups fresh fruit
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Fruit Fresh
1-1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• To prepare crumb crust/topping, spread nuts in a medium baking pan.
• Roast the nuts, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 10 minutes.
• Wash if you are using berries and wash, de-stone, chop and slice the larger fruit.
• In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, Fruit Fresh and the cornstarch.
• Gently fold in the prepared fruit.
• Remove nuts from the oven.
• If you are using almonds turn out onto a cloth towel.
• Rub off and discard the papery skins.
• Increase the oven temperature to 450°F.
• In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, finely ground the nuts.
• In a large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour and sugar.
• Cut the butter into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
• Using fingers evenly press half of the crumb/crust topping mixture into the bottom and sides of an 8 or 9" tart pan.
• Spoon the fruit mixture into the crust, spreading evenly.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ▼ August (10)