PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES
3/8 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/8 cups flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• In a large mixing bowl beat butter, peanut butter and the sugars until creamy.
• Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
• Add the baking powder, baking soda and the flour.
• Beat to combine.
• Stir in the rolled oats followed by the nuts.
• Loosely shape 30 balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
• Bake for 12 minutes.
• When the edges start to get a little color remove from heat.
• Let cookies rest for 5-10 minutes on the cookie sheet.
• Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Yields 30 cookies
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!