1/2 recipe of pie pastry
2 cups blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
sprinkling of salt
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1-1/2 Tbsp butter
1 egg yolk + 1 tsp water
• Line a 9 inch pie plate with pie pastry.
• Place the blueberries in a bowl.
• Add the sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon.
• Gently toss with hands as not to crush the berries.
• Pour the fruit mixture into the pie shell.
• Sprinkle the lemon juice.
• Dot the top with butter.
• Cut the remaining dough into 3/4” strips.
• Lay the strips down in a weave fashion
• Crimp the edges of the pie.
• Glaze the pastry with the egg yolk wash.
• Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 25 minutes longer.