1/8 cup milk
• Chop the pork fat into 1-inch cubes and place them in a heavy pot.
• Cover the pork fat with water and bring it to the boil.
• Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender, adding water if needed.
• When the pork fat is tender; turn the heat down to a slow simmer.
• By the time the töpörtyű is tender, there should be enough melted fat to continue frying the töpörtyű.
• Let it fry to a golden color.
• When the töpörtyű is a nice golden brown color, add the milk, cover the pot and remove from heat.
• If you added too much milk just place the pot back on the heat and slowly let the milk cook away. What you want left is lard and töpörtyű only.
• When the sizzling stops remove the töpörtyű with a slotted spoon and place it on a paper towel to drain.
• Sprinkle the töpörtyű with salt immediately.
• Strain the hot lard through a fine metal sieve and store it in a glass container with a well fitting lid.