3-4 cups of chicken broth
2 bay leaves
2 green onions with their stalks
1 cup sliced sausages optional [Hungarian or kielbassa]
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp oil and flour each
1/4 tsp Hungarian paprika
1 sprinkling of parsley
14 % sour cream
• Peel and chop the potatoes.
• Place potatoes, broth, bay leaves, green onions in a medium soup pot.
• Slowly bring to a simmer.
• Cover pot and simmer until potatoes are tender.
• Remove green onions a bay leaf.
• This is when you add the sausage chunks if you like.
• When the sausage is done, season with salt and ground pepper.
• In a non stick fry pan make a roux from 2 Tbsp oil and flour.
• Stir in the paprika and then add this to the soup.
• Sprinkle some parsley on top and serve with sour cream.