4 medium large red potatoes*, sliced
1 ring of Polish sausage, sliced
1/2 medium onion, diced
1+ 2 Tbsp butter
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup Swiss cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
• Peel and slice the potatoes.
• Cook potatoes in salted water until just tender.
• Meanwhile dice half an onion.
• Add onions to a non stick skillet and slowly cook in 1Tbsp butter until very soft.
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• Lightly butter a casserole dish.
• Layer it with potatoes, sausage slices, potatoes. Be sure to sprinkle each potato layer with salt and pepper.
• The sautéed onions come next and end the layering with potatoes.
• Whisk 2 eggs, half and half and pour over the dish.
• Top with the grated Swiss cheese and dot with the remaining butter.
• Bake for 45 minutes covered or until the cheese turns golden brown.
* Don’t use baking potatoes