NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
This recipe comes from Patisseries, Sweet and delicious recipes from great Canadian pastry chefs by James MacDougall. On Page 43 there is an Empire Belgian Cookies recipe. As much as I adore the cookies with jam and lemon butter, and yes, I will make these too, I used these buttery, melt in the mouth cookies to make nutella shortbread for the nutella lover in the family.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/8 cups cake and pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Nutella [use the real thing please]
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar together.
• Sift dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
• Mix to combine.
• Divide dough in half, and wrap and chill for two hours.
Place one half of the cookie dough on a well floured board.
• Dust the rolling pin with flour and roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
• Cut circles with a medium sized cookie cutter.
• Reroll the scraps and roll and cut again until most of the dough is used up.
• Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes.
• When cookies have set, move to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
• Pair the cookies according to size and shape.
• Place a spoonful of nutella on half of the cookies and spread almost to the edge.
• Place the remaining cookies on the top.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)