NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
This recipe comes from Patisseries, Sweet and delicious recipes from great Canadian pastry chefs by James MacDougall. On Page 43 there is an Empire Belgian Cookies recipe. As much as I adore the cookies with jam and lemon butter, and yes, I will make these too, I used these buttery, melt in the mouth cookies to make nutella shortbread for the nutella lover in the family.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
2-1/8 cups cake and pastry flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Nutella [use the real thing please]
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, cream butter, vanilla and sugar together.
• Sift dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture.
• Mix to combine.
• Divide dough in half, and wrap and chill for two hours.
Place one half of the cookie dough on a well floured board.
• Dust the rolling pin with flour and roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
• Cut circles with a medium sized cookie cutter.
• Reroll the scraps and roll and cut again until most of the dough is used up.
• Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let rest on pan for 5 minutes.
• When cookies have set, move to a wire rack to cool completely.
• Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
• Pair the cookies according to size and shape.
• Place a spoonful of nutella on half of the cookies and spread almost to the edge.
• Place the remaining cookies on the top.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)