ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
This is a very pleasant apple dish when you want something quick and light. We had it the other day, just for the pleasure of it and because our golden delicious apples are extra delicious this year. I concocted it years ago during a particularly lengthy heartburn episode. This is an inherited weakness tied to stress and digestion. My dad was a dental technician and I watched him for years working away in his lab, doubled over in pain, with a large bottle of Salvus by his side. The Salvus Víz was for the heartburn. It came in what looked like a wine bottle. Anyone not knowing the truth would have thought Apa had a drinking problem. I am more of a baking soda girl. Luckily this does not happen often, but when it does, even water gives me heartburn. There have been times in my life when I practically lived on this dish. Even if everything fails me, there is still my apple dish; lovely and comforting.
2 golden delicious apples
1 Tbsp sugar sprinkling of cinnamon [almost nothing]
2 tsp flour
1 tsp butter light sprinkling of light flaky cereal [ nothing robust or heavy]
• Wash, peel, core and slice the apples.
• Place in a medium sized bowl.
• Add the sugar, flour, a light sprinkling of cinnamon, and gently toss with the hands.
• Transfer to a microwavable serving dish.
• Dot the top with butter, and microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle with a light corn flakey cereal, I used Honey Bunches of Oats. [In my opinion bran flakes would be too robust.]
• Serve warm.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!