image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

9.11.12

SPICY SALAD DRESSING


 
Well it is… spicy to me. I was making a spicy Asian slaw and then I saw the peanut butter dressing. As much as the slaw appealed to me, the dressing, which basically drives the flavours home, did not. So I took a bowl and began to concoct my version of hot [actually it is pretty mild] salad dressing for the slaw. It really surprised me what I put into the bowl, it is clear now that I have a predominantly European palate, certainly not an Asian one. I am interested to see how the two will come together. This recipe makes a pretty small amount of dressing, but I found it was just the right amount to flavour the large bowl of slaw I was making.
 
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp white vine vinegar
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 pinch Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp water
1 pinch onion salt
1 tsp Herbs de Provencale [Epicure]
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp marjoram
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
 
• Measure the ingredients into a small bowl.
• Whisk to combine and set aside for a couple hours so the flavours can mingle.
• Whisk together just before pouring over the salad and serve promptly.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive