ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
This is a very pleasant apple dish when you want something quick and light. We had it the other day, just for the pleasure of it and because our golden delicious apples are extra delicious this year. I concocted it years ago during a particularly lengthy heartburn episode. This is an inherited weakness tied to stress and digestion. My dad was a dental technician and I watched him for years working away in his lab, doubled over in pain, with a large bottle of Salvus by his side. The Salvus Víz was for the heartburn. It came in what looked like a wine bottle. Anyone not knowing the truth would have thought Apa had a drinking problem. I am more of a baking soda girl. Luckily this does not happen often, but when it does, even water gives me heartburn. There have been times in my life when I practically lived on this dish. Even if everything fails me, there is still my apple dish; lovely and comforting.
2 golden delicious apples
1 Tbsp sugar sprinkling of cinnamon [almost nothing]
2 tsp flour
1 tsp butter light sprinkling of light flaky cereal [ nothing robust or heavy]
• Wash, peel, core and slice the apples.
• Place in a medium sized bowl.
• Add the sugar, flour, a light sprinkling of cinnamon, and gently toss with the hands.
• Transfer to a microwavable serving dish.
• Dot the top with butter, and microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle with a light corn flakey cereal, I used Honey Bunches of Oats. [In my opinion bran flakes would be too robust.]
• Serve warm.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)