Brown Sugar Maple Cookies
1 cup bread flour
1 cup white flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 tsp maple extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and the egg, vanilla and maple extracts and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Roll the dough into a disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the cookie dough and cut with a 2-1/2 inch cookie cutter and transfer to the prepared pan.
- Press almonds and white chocolate chips into the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies solidify for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.