image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

29.8.15

BAKED PARMESAN POTATOES


We were serious potato eaters, but my uncle by marriage would pass the potato bowl saying it hurt his legs. He also said I will whistle if I eat carrots. When you are four years old whistling is a coveted skill. I never learned to whistle, but I am sure my uncle would taste these potatoes. I never cooked for him, after I left Hungary I only saw him a few times. My godfather was a great guy, always full of fun, always had time for me.



The happy guy on the right is Keresztapa

Russets would have given a different flavour and texture, but I prefer the reds for other reasons, they won’t turn to mush and the skins are nice all year around and potato skins are so good for you because they contain potassium. The red onions are milder; they keep their shape, and don’t disintegrate like white onions. To get the lacy parmesan bits, the cheese has to be shredded or sliced into bits, not grated. The one photo I made of it is of poor quality and I intend to replace it one of these days when the weather turns and a homey plate of roasted potatoes can be enjoyed  by the fire again. Food has its purpose beyond sustenance.  

Baked Parmesan Potatoes

6 red potatoes with the skin, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
thyme, oregano, savory, marjoram, basil, sage and rosemary
extra virgin olive oil
Chef’s Salt to taste
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

  • Preheat the oven 375F.
  • Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Place potatoes in a large bowl.
  • Add the chopped pepper and the sliced onions and toss.
  • Lightly sprinkle with all or some of the suggested herbs.
  • Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
  • Sprinkle with Chef’s Salt to taste.
  • Add the shredded cheese and toss.
  • Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet.
  • Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are, fork tender and golden. 

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive