- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Fully line two 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Whisk cake flour, salt and baking soda together. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add corn oil and banana puree and combine.
- Add flour mixture to egg yolk batter and mix just to combine.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy and frothy.
- Gradually add sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually fold the beaten whites into the egg yolks batter.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from baking pans when completely cooled.
- To make ganache, chop the chocolate and partially melt it in the microwave.
- Stir the chocolate until fully melts.
- Stir in the oil and add the whipping cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Peel off the parchment paper and spread the bottom cake with 1/3 of the ganache.
- Place the second cake on the top and spread the side and the top with ganache.
- Place in the fridge to set the ganache and then slice to serve.
BANANA CHIFFON CAKE WITH GANACHE
Banana cake’s texture is best when it is light or has a nice crumb and as far as I am concerned, the moist [soggy], heavy [oily] banana cake is a culinary failure. I made this light textured banana cake with my youngest granddaughter in mind. The other two banana cake recipes I have are both amazing, [check them out in my cookbook under "cake"] but for one reason or another, I knew that this version will appeal to Olivia even more. Intended for a tube pan, but because I baked them in thin layers, as you can see they sagged a bit, the round cake pans still worked. This two layer cake is light as a feather. Chocolate and banana flavours pair exceptionally well and of course as rich as the chocolate ganache is, it is still lighter than any buttercream or cream cheese icing.
I made a long list of elaborate cakes in the past, but lately I approach cake making with a sort of restraint, keeping in mind how the parts work together, paring down each part to its elements so not one ingredient or amount is superfluous or used purely for aesthetics. Not being a showcase cake, no globs of icing or bits of cake will be left behind.
Banana Chiffon Cake With Ganache
6 egg yolks
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
2/3 cup banana puree
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar
6oz bittersweet pure chocolate
2 Tbsp oil
1/3 cup whipping cream
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ICED ORANGE COOKIES
- BANANA CHIFFON CAKE WITH GANACHE
- BAKED PARMESAN POTATOES
- BAKED PORK CHOPS
- PATE BRISEE TARTS
- BLUEBERRY ALMOND CAKE
- TOMATO PORK STEAK
- BROWN SUGAR MAPLE COOKIES
- PEAR TART
- LINZER SANDWICH COOKIES – LINZER SZENDVICS KEKSZ
- USING LEFTOVERS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- MUSHROOM LECSÓ SPREAD
- DILLED GOURD STEW - KAPROS TÖKFŐZELÉK
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD BARS
- ZSUZSA’S STUFFED ZUCCHINI
- KILLER PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- HOMEMADE CAKE FLOUR
- MUSHROOM ASIAGO CHICKEN
- COCONUTTY SHEET CAKE
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2014 (95)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)