image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

27.8.15

PATE BRISEE TARTS


Pate brisee is the French version of pie pastry. I had to make two tarts because not everybody likes jam and walnuts. You know who you are! Two, because it is an easy solution when I don’t want to spend the day worshiping the Cake Goddess. I used the food processor. But the job could have been just as easy on the cutting board using a scraper. Keep in mind not to touch the dough because your hands warm it up and the tart could bake up heavy. I was rather busy and failed to take a photo of the sliced tarts, but it is not hard to imagine. I have to admit I lean towards the apricot jam with the walnuts. Good apricot jam with walnuts is a perfect combination. It is not “jam sweet”. It is just right. 

 In the Goldilocks Zone


Pate Brisee Tarts:

2-1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
6 Tbsp ice water

  • Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the food processor.
  • Add cubed chilled butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
  • With the machine running, add the ice water 1 Tbsp at a time until dough forms. Dough should not be crumbly. Do not over process.
  • Divide the dough into two equal discs and wrap in plastic.
  • Chill for 1 hour before using.
  • Preheat oven to 400F.
  • Cut parchment paper to fit two baking pans.
  • Roll one of the chilled dough disks on the parchment paper and transfer to the baking pan.
  • Poke the bottom with fork.
  • Spread with a thin layer of apricot jam and sprinkle the top with crushed walnuts.
  • Spread the second tart with Nutella and top it with shredded coconuts or with mini marshmallows.
  • Bake tarts for 20 minutes or until the edge begins to brown.
  • Let is cool down a bit.
  • May be cut and served warm.



Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive