- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butter or spray the corners of the loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Fully line a 4x8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving overhangs for easy grasping.
- Beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating with each addition.
- Add the coconut extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the butter mixture alternately with coconut milk, mixing only to incorporate. Do not beat.
- Gently fold in the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the loaf pan on a wire rack to cool.
- When lukewarm grasp the parchment overhang and remove loaf from pan.
- Peel off the parchment a let the loaf cool completely before slicing.
We like cookies, cakes and loaves with coconut. Never having tasted coconut off a tree, our devotion to coconut flavour is exemplary. The challenge baking with coconut is either crumbliness, from desiccated coconut or elusiveness of coconut flavour. It will be full of coconut flavour on the first day and by the next, you wonder where the coconut went. I have been experimenting with coconut loaves and finally I came up with a coconut loaf recipe that has a nice crumb, nut heavy on the butter and has lasting coconut flavour. This one is worth repeating.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp coconut extract
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup flaked coconut
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- MEATBALLS WITH KIELBASA
- CHICKEN GULYAS - CSIRKEGULYÁS
- SCORED POTATOES
- HAM LOAF
- COOKED MAYONNAISE
- COCONUT LOAF
- PARMESAN ENCRUSTED BREADED PORK TENDERLOINS
- HUNGARIAN ALL PURPOSE CRACKERS - HÁZTARTÁSIKEKSZ
- CHERRY PASTRY BARS - CSERESZNYÉS LEPÉNY
- COOKED CHERRY FILLING
- HAM CRACKLING BISCUITS – SONKA TEPERTŐ POGÁCSA
- HOMEMADE SPINACH PASTA WITH WALNUTS
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)