- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the soft butter and rub in to the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk an egg with fork and add to the flour mixture.
- Using your hands fully incorporate the egg. The dough will be a bit on the stiff side.
- Press it into a flat disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place it on the parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to the size of the parchment paper.
- Lift the parchment with the dough and transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Cot into squares and poke each square with a fork
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 16 minutes or until the sides begin to brown a little.
HUNGARIAN ALL PURPOSE CRACKERS - HÁZTARTÁSIKEKSZ
The Perfect Graham Cracker Substitute
Hungarian All Purpose Crackers
1-1/2 cups of flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 sprinkling of salt
1/2 cup butter, soft
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ▼ March (11)
- ► 2014 (94)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)