- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the soft butter and rub in to the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk an egg with fork and add to the flour mixture.
- Using your hands fully incorporate the egg. The dough will be a bit on the stiff side.
- Press it into a flat disk, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit the bottom of your cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Unwrap the chilled dough and place it on the parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to the size of the parchment paper.
- Lift the parchment with the dough and transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Cot into squares and poke each square with a fork
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 16 minutes or until the sides begin to brown a little.
HUNGARIAN ALL PURPOSE CRACKERS - HÁZTARTÁSIKEKSZ
The Perfect Graham Cracker Substitute
Hungarian All Purpose Crackers
1-1/2 cups of flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 sprinkling of salt
1/2 cup butter, soft
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- MEATBALLS WITH KIELBASA
- CHICKEN GULYAS - CSIRKEGULYÁS
- SCORED POTATOES
- HAM LOAF
- COOKED MAYONNAISE
- COCONUT LOAF
- PARMESAN ENCRUSTED BREADED PORK TENDERLOINS
- HUNGARIAN ALL PURPOSE CRACKERS - HÁZTARTÁSIKEKSZ
- CHERRY PASTRY BARS - CSERESZNYÉS LEPÉNY
- COOKED CHERRY FILLING
- HAM CRACKLING BISCUITS – SONKA TEPERTŐ POGÁCSA
- HOMEMADE SPINACH PASTA WITH WALNUTS
- ▼ March (12)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)