image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

25.7.10

BEAN SALAD



fresh wax or green beans, a handful
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of chick peas
1 can of apple jelly
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cider vinegar
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 red onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1/2 red pepper, chopped

• Wash, clean and chop the green beans.
• Cook or steam until tender but still bright green.
• Drain and let cool completely.
• Place cooled beans in a serving bowl.

• Drain the canned beans.
• Add the drained beans to the green beans.

• In a saucepan cook the apple jelly, salt, vinegar, cornstarch until thickened.
• Let the apple jelly mixture cool completely.
• Stir the cooled apple jelly mixture into the vegetables.

• Chop the onion, celery and bell peppers and stir into the beans.
• Chill the bean salad for 4 hours and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive