1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt
1/2+1/8 cup margarine, room temperature
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp Fruit Fresh
2 Tbsp sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream
2 pkg. vanilla sugar
1/2+1/8 cup sugar
• In a large bowl combine 1/3 cup sugar, the flour and the salt.
• Add the margarine and with clean hands rub into the flour mixture.
• Add the egg and 1 Tbsp vanilla.
• Combine ingredients and form into a ball.
• Wrap the dough and place in the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
• Wash the apricots, remove the stones and cut each half into 4 or more pieces.
• Place the apricots in the bowl and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp fruit fresh.
• Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sugar on the top and toss.
• Spray a rectangular baking pan with cooking spray.
• Line the pan with the chilled dough, bringing the dough up the sides a little.
• Poke dough with a fork and place in a preheated 400F oven.
• Bake until the pastry has a bit of color. [Just about the time the kitchen fills with the aroma of your pastry.]
• Take out the pastry [keep the oven going] and make the custard.
• To a medium bowl add the whipping cream, eggs, vanilla sugars and 1/2+1/8 cup sugar.
• Whisk together until well combined.
• Scatter the apricots over the hot pastry.
• Pour the custard on the top and put pan back in the oven.
• Lower the oven temperature to 350F and bake for 30 minutes.
• After 30 minutes remove pan from the oven.
• Let pastry cool slightly to allow the custard to settle a bit.